Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jana Gana Mana ...

Yeh Jo Des Hai Tera ... Swades Hai Tera ... Tujhe Hai Pukara ...

On the evening of January 26th, IGRASP (Indian Graduate Students at Purdue) celebrated Indian Republic Day in Purdue campus. The celebration was very simple but touching. Mood was set by playing 'Yeh Jo Des Hai Tera...' from Swades. This was followed by a couple of videos depicting Indian history, tradition and glimpses of celebrations of Independence and Republic days in India. After this, our tri-color flag was hoisted by one of the senior Indian professors at Purdue. Following flag hoist, when our national anthem was played, for the first time I felt a huge sense of patriotism for my country. I felt so proud being an Indian, and my eyes were filled with tears when our anthem ended. I really missed my home and country.

Is it the power of our Jana Gana Mana?! Or, is it because I am still in 'missing-home' state ;-)


4 comments:

dilip said...

This can happen only if you are outside India..;-)

Indranil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dreamweaver said...

Thats because India is every Indian's first love. :-)

Preeti said...

@dreamweaver - true Ashwin .. btw surprised to see u here :)